- In Joypad mode, the nunchuck works now
- New code for Y-3-8912 emulation
- Fixed RETN and RETI Z80 instructions
- Fixed Flag emulation for many Z80 opcodes: Speedlock loader works now. Only the Flag in Bit n, (HL) is not correctly emulated.
1.7 – June 30, 2012
- Support for newer Wiimotes
- Updated to latest DOSBox SVN
- Updated to latest libogc and devkitPPC
Genesis Plus GX
- added Mega CD / Sega CD hardware emulation (incl. Sub 68K, CDD, CDC, PCM, GFX rotation/scaling, etc)
- added .ISO & .BIN CD image file support
- added 512K backup cartridge RAM support
- added savestate support for CD games
- to play CD games, original BIOS ROM files are required in /genplus/bios/ directory: unzip & rename them to bios_CD_U.bin, bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin
- CD audio tracks (CD-DA) are not supported (yet)
- modified 68k core for Mega CD / Sega CD support
- optimized 68k core using prebuild const tables
- improved DMA accuracy
- improved accuracy of nametables register & VSRAM writes during HBLANK: fixes “The Adventures of Batman & Robin” (graphical issues during 2nd Boss fight).
- added support for 8-bit VRAM writes with undocumented code value (verified on real hardware by Nemesis)
- improved synchronization between SN76489 & YM2162 cores.
- improved accuracy of SN76489 core timings.
- added support for some recently dumped unlicensed games.
- improved emulation of 32k bankswitch hardware used by a few unlicensed games.
- fixed behavior of Z80 banked reads from 68k RAM (verified on real hardware).
- fixed support for 128K Pro Action Replay ROM.
- added support for all recent korean ROM dumps by SMS Power.
- added emulation of korean multi-game mapper (4-Pak All Action)
- added pseudo-random RAM pattern initialization on Mark-III and Japanese Master System (fixes “Alibaba and 40 Thieves” & “Block Hole”)
- added port $3E emulation & internal BOOTROM support (Master System & Game Gear only).
- added an option to set VDP mode (PAL/NTSC) independently from console region.
- added an option to select original system master clock frequency (PAL/NTSC/AUTO), emulation will run at selected frequency when VSYNC is disabled.
- fixed 68k context loading/saving (Sol Deace).
- fixed C89 incompatibilities for better portability.
- removed use of “long int” type for portability on 64-bit platforms.
- moved savestate zlib compression out of emulation core (for ports that don’t use it).
- various optimizations.
- removed ROM load device selection from Load Menu: default ROM device must now be configured in menu settings.
- added specific load buttons, browsers & saved paths for each systems, this also fixes slowdowns caused by screenshot loading when browsing from slow devices.
- added support for left/right buttons as page up/down keys in ROM browsers
- added right analog stick as default “return to menu” key for Gamecube controllers
- added alternate remappable menu key combo for Gamecube controllers
- added an option to disable VSYNC (emulator is synced with audio hardware instead of video).
- added an option to boot system from “BIOS”, with or without cartridge.
- added Master System & Game Gear “BIOS” support (files should be named bios_U.sms, bios_J.sms, bios_E.sms & bios.gg and copied to /genplus/bios directory).
- replaced “Hard Reset” button by a Soft Reset for systems having a Reset button (Mega Drive / Genesis & Master System)
- State & SRAM files are now only compressed when saving to Gamecube Memory Cards
- various fixes & cleanup.
- compiled with devkitPPC r26 & libogc 1.8.11.
- improved progressive mode support when component cable is detected (hold B during startup to switch menu video mode configuration)