Die Performance des Gameboy Advance Emulators wurde verbessert, alle Spiele sollen nun mit voller Geschwindigkeit laufen (selbst Final Fantasy 5/6). Außerdem wurde das Menü verbessert. Dank der neuen "Detect Core" Funktion muss man nicht mehr den Kern umändern, bevor man eine ROM startet. Außerdem wurde der OpenGL-Treiber verbessert und MAME 2003 wurde hinzugefügt
- VBA Next performance improvements - all games should now play at fullspeed more or less (even games like Final Fantasy 5/6)
- Revised menu - should now have the same functionality as all other RetroArch versions
- New 'Detect Core' function - you no longer have to switch a core and then select a ROM - with this mode you can select a ROM and RetroArch will look at the file extension and start the core associated to it. If there are multiple cores that support this file extension, then it will give you a list of supported cores and you can select which one you want to use.
- Much improved OpenGL driver - the PS3 version of RetroArch should now have the lowest input/video latency out of all RetroArch versions (with the exception of maybe KMS/libdrm on Linux).
- Comes with MAME 2003 now. Mortal Kombat 1/2/3/Ultimate should all play at fullspeed with the DCS Hack enabled.
- Many more changes...
* [NEStopia] Famicom Disk System support. For Android users - put disksys.rom
into the same folder as the FDS ROM you're trying to load. For everyone else -
put disksys.rom into your system directory.
- Y Button will switch sides of a disk.
- If you get any problems of the sort DISK A / B ERR 07' - pressing Y button again or letting it run its course should do it.
- NOTE - Famicom Disk System loading is slow, so you might be tempted to fast forward through most of it. However, I'd advise caution when doing so and to savestate regularly in case 'fast forwarding' can negatively affect disk loading.
* [FBA core] Various changes/fixes
- Hook up Eco Fighters controls (Turn 1/Turn 2 bound to L and R buttons)
- Hook up Pnickie controls (Turn 1/Turn 2 bound to L and R buttons - press
one of the buttons to progress beyond start screen)
- Hook up Continental Circus controls - Brake 2/Brake 3 (L1/L2 buttons)
and Accelerate 2/Accelerate 3 (R1/R2 buttons)
- Hook up Gun Smoke controls - Start button (needed to progress beyond
- Hook up Mighty Pang controls (P1 Shot1/P1 Shot2/P2 Shot1/P2 Shot2)
- Fixed Varia Metal palette
- Fixed Fairyland Story palette
- Fixed Return of the Invaders palette
- Fixed Act-Fancer palette issue
- Endian fixes in the following games (PS3/360/Wii/Gamecube) -
- Surprise Attack
- Ultra Man
- Oh My Gods
- Moonwalker (Sega System 18 bootleg) [magicseb]
- Hyper Pac
- Snow Bros 1
- Honey Dolls
- Fixes pitch issue in Gals Hustle (will possibly fix more games as well)
* [FBA core] [For Wii/Gamecube/Xbox 1 only] The main FBA version now has CPS1/CPS2/
Neogeo and Mega Drive/PC Engine drivers removed. To play CPS1, use FBA Cores CPS1.
To play CPS2, use FBA Cores CPS2. To play NeoGeo, use FBA Cores Neo.
* [FBA core] Made FBA Cores CPS1 - use this to play CPS1 games (all CPS1 ROMs
fit into memory on Gamecube).
* [Android] Fixed regression where a button bound to AKEYCODE_BACK would 'exit out'
* [Android] Fixes Madcatz fighting stick being autodetected properly.
* [Android] Input autodetection expanded -
* [Gamecube] Made RetroArch cores 'standalone' - ie. no core switching.
* [Xbox 1] Add Low RAM mode - this needs to be used to play games that won't otherwise fit into RAM,
such as Street Fighter Alpha 3/Vampire Savior and other big ROMs in FBA Cores CPS2/NeoGeo/FBA.
* [Unzipping [All consoles/Android]] Moved from rzlib to miniz/minizip -should increase compatibility
with ZIP archives
* [FBA core] Various changes/fixes
– Hook up Armed Police Batrider controls
– Afterburner – make fire buttons work
– Hook up Bad Dudes controls
– Hook up Cyberbots controls
– Hook up 1942 controls
– Add missing Chase HQ controls
– Add missing WWF Wrestlefest controls
– EEPROM save should now work (tested with EEPROM-based system such as Capcom CPS2)
– Samples are now looked for – should be in ’samples' subdirectory
– Hiscore files should now be read from/written to.
* [SNES9x Next] Added big speed hack for Star Fox 1 – makes it fast enough for it to run at fullspeed on the Wii.
* [Genesis Plus GX] Set samplerate back to 44Khz.
* [Android] New 'Calibrate Refresh Rate' option – use this to get an accurate estimation of your screen refresh rate. NOTE: Touch the screen at all times during calibration for more accurate measurements. You might have to slightly tweak the value later on for the best results.
* [Android] Added a 'Set OS-reported refresh rate' which should do the same as what 'Sync refreshrate to Screen' previously did. Note 2 users might get better results with this than they will with 'Calibrate refresh rate'.
* [Android] Added a built-in help system that should answer a lot of the frequently asked questions.
* ]Android] Add iCade profiles – two added for now – iPega and Red Samurai
* [Android] Audio resampler now faster
* [Android] Input autodetection expanded –
* [CONSOLES] Audio resampler is now adjustable – can choose between Sinc resampler (new) and Hermite resampler (old). Sinc is now selected by default, is superior audio-quality wise and will fix a lot of sound issues.
* [PS3] Save Preset fixed
* [PS3] Starting with Dual Shader/Custom Scaling mode OFF and then turning it ON works now
* [Wii] Numerous Wii video mode fixes – including PAL modes that went beyond the internal framebuffer bounds
– PC2JAMMA-USB (needs to be tested)
– Genius MaxFire G-08XU
– Zeemote Steelseries
– Saitek Rumblepad
– Super Smart Joy
– [FBA] Fixed serious bug that would cause a lot of games to get stuck in service mode or to display graphical corruption (CPS1).
– [NEStopia] Now outputs in mono sound mode.
– [FCEUmm] Uses RGB565 now – should no longer flicker on RMenu.
– [Mednafen PC Engine Fast] Fixed libretro issue where certain games had totally wrong pitch
– [Mednafen Wonderswan] Core fixed, works again.
– [Genesis Plus GX] Set audio samplerate at 48KHz (from 44KHz).